Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 at 08:00 AM

Forest Green Rovers 1 Daggers 1

An Oliver Hawkins header was enough to cancel Rhys Murphy’s quick second half strike.

John Still made only one change to the line-up as Luke Guttridge started over Sam Ling, which meant that the players would have to be rearranged.

Frankie Raymond was pushed to left back and Joe Widdowson was sent to the other end of the defence.

The Daggers came close to getting the opener in a matter of seconds into the first half, Hawkins knocked the ball down for Whitely, however the forward couldn’t keep his shot on target.

Six minutes in and Rhys Murphy’s 20 yard shot forced Elliot Justham to make a save and send the ball out for a corner.

Justham made a superb save, in the 18th minute, as he tipped the ball over, after a very powerful shot from Murphy again. 

10 minutes later and Whitely found himself through on goal after a clever pass from Guttridge, but the effort was easy for the Rovers goal stopper to handle.

Josh Staunton came very close to putting the ball in the back of the net, after a scramble in the Forest Green Rovers box, but Murphy did well to clear the shot off the line.

Matt Robinson did very well to track back, a minute before the half time whistle, after the home team were on a counter attack.

The Rovers came out lively in the second half as Murphy and Carter showed great link up play, the striker then slotted it past Justham in the 47th minute to give the home team the lead. 

Twenty minutes into the half and Forest Green were still pressing high up field, this time it was Keanu Marsh-Brown, who took a shot, but it was deflected out for corner.

Three minutes later and Liam Noble's cross from the left found Christian Doidge, however his header was off target. 

Scott Doe denied a second from the Rovers as Murphy was through on goal, but the captain went in with a brilliant last ditched tackle to deny the forward.

73 minutes in and the Daggers equalised through Hawkins, it was Widdowson who crossed the ball in from the right for the striker. 

Hawkins nearly headed a second in the 84th minute, it was another great cross from Widdowson which nearly became his second assist of the match.

The Daggers will now be looking towards their next match in the FA Cup against FC Halifax Town, at home on the 5th of November.

Daggers: Justham, Widdowson, Doe, Robinson, Raymond, Hawkins, Maguire-Drew (45 Ling), Boucaud, Guttridge (75 Benson), Whitely, Staunton

Forest Green Rovers: Russell, Traore, Clough, Bennett, Marsh –Brown (84 Frear), Doidge, Carter, Noble, Pinnock, Wishart, Murphey (81 Moore)

Attendance:  2,268 (182 Daggers fans)

    Latest Match Reports