Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 at 08:27 AM

Leyton Orient 3 Daggers 2

Despite bravery from the Daggers to equalise from two goals down, Armand Gnanduillet gave Leyton Orient the winner.

Jay Simpson gave the O’s a two goal lead just before half time, but Jamie Cureton and Clevid Dikamona brought it back to 2-2.

John Still made just the one change from last games 1-0 deafeat at Luton, Jamie Cureton replaced Oliver Muldoon.

It didn’t take Orient very long to get the first goal, Sean Clohessy’s accurate pass across goal found Jay Simpson shooting it first time into the roof of the goal.

The Daggers looked to come back through Hemmings’s ball into the box for Cureton, who headed the ball down for Doidge, but he went down claiming a penalty.

Leyton Orient could have extended the lead twice in a matter of minutes, Armand Gnanduillet and Simpson were unable to get their shots on target.

Justin Hoyte found space to take a shot, Doidge was too late on the follow up as Alex Cisak struggled to keep the ball first time.

Dagenham were still in search of the equaliser, the ball fell kindly for Doidge, and however Cisak did well to cover his goal.

But it was Orient who made it more difficult for the visitors, Simpson again with a similar goal as the first, it was Blair Turgott who provided the assist.
Still made his first change of the game in the opening minutes of the second half, Quade Taylor came on for Dominic Hyam due to an injury.

Simpson was denied twice his hattrick, the first one was a shot from outside the box which came off the post and Mark Cousins did well to stop the second effort, Gnanduillet was then unable to head it in from the rebound.

Jamie Cureton watched the ball go over Mathieu Baudry and was able to take the ball round the keeper and slot it into the back of the net, making it 2-1.

90 seconds later, Clevid Dikamona smashed it on the volley from outside the box to give the Daggers the equaliser.

Orient then took the lead again through Gnanduillet in the 65th minute, it was Turgott with yet another assist.

Cousins did well to stop two certain goals, the first was Turgott’s shot from distance and the second was Ollie Palmer’s header, which looked to creep into the bottom left hand corner.

Palmer’s attempt to lob the keeper, in the 77th minute, was cleared off the line by Joe Widdowson.

The Daggers were running out of options near the end of the match, Joss Labadie attempted a shot from 25 yards out, but the ball ended up going over Cisak’s goal.
Richards decided to go for goal from a freekick after Lloyd James used his hands, Cisak did well to keep the shot out of his goal.

In the dying moments of the game Cousisns did well yet again to stop two great efforts, denying once again Simpson the hattrick.

The Daggers’s stay in the Sky Bet football league has come to an end, after relegation was confirmed today.

Daggers: Cousins, Labadie (c), Dikamona, Cureton, Doidge, Richards, Hemmings, Cash (74’ McClure), Hyam (47’ Taylor), Hoyte(66’ Pennell), Widdowson.
Unused subs: Moore, Boucaud, Chambers, Hawkins,

Attendance:  5,696

    Latest Match Reports