Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 at 08:22 AM

Newport County 2 Daggers 2

Dagenham & Redbridge slipped back into the bottom two after a 2-2 draw at Newport County.

Having taken a quick lead, the hosts conceded twice late on to only take a point in Wales.

The Daggers made no changes from their previous match, with Christian Doidge starting against his hometown club.
Luke Guttridge was named among the substitutes for his first match day with the club after joining on Thursday.
The visitors took the lead in Wales inside the first minute when Doidge scored with a delightful half volley.
Oliver Muldoon won the ball in his own half before passing to the Welshman, who chested the ball down before firing into the net from the edge of the area.
It was two five minutes later when Joe Worrall headed in an Ashley Hemmings corner from the right to the delight of the away fans.
Daggers were perhaps a little fortunate not to concede with good work from Clevid Dikamona and Mark Cousins denying the hosts midway through the half.
But the visitors came through to tough period with an effort from Ashley Chambers going narrowly wide in the 36th minute.
Two minutes before the break and Chambers went close again, this time his left footed effort shaving the far post on its way wide.
Daggers started brightly after the break with Oliver Muldoon testing Mitchell Beeney from the edge of the area after Mark Byrne went close for the hosts.
The next to go close for the visitors was Doidge in the 69th minute when his close range effort was blocked by Janoi Donacien.
Josh Passley was forced into action 10 minutes later, having to clear a corner off his own line to deny the hosts a goal.
Newport pulled one back with eight minutes remaining when Jean Christophe Ayina’s deflected effort went in.
And they were level when Conor Wilkinson netted on his birthday with two minutes remaining.
That’s how the game stayed, with Daggers next in action on February 6 at Cambridge United.

    Latest Match Reports