Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 at 08:19 AM

AFC Wimbledon 0 Daggers 1

Daggers recorded a first win in 12 league games with a 1-0 success away to AFC Wimbledon

Daggers made four changes from their weekend match against Oxford United with Matt McClure taking over in attack from Jamie Cureton.
There were also starts for Mark Cousins, Jack Connors and Jake Mulraney at the Cherry Red Records Stadium.
McClure was unfortunately injured in the second minute of play after jumping for the ball and was replaced by Cureton.
Cousins had to make an early save, diving low to his left to block a powerful close range effort from Dons striker Lyle Taylor in the sixth minute.
The Daggers keeper was called upon again to deny Taylor 24 minutes later after he was played in by Jon Meades.
Daggers were forced into another substitution with five minutes remaining in the half when Ayo Obileye replaced Nyron Nosworthy.
Cousins kept the scores level just seconds after Obileye came on, tipping a Callum Kennedy free kick over.
The following corner was cleared following some last ditch defending by the visitors in what was the last action of the half.
The second half lacked the goal action of the opening period although Cousins produced a brilliant double save in the 73rd minute to keep the scores level.
There was a moment of controversy a minute later with a feisty coming together between Clevid Dikamona and Taylor, but both avoided bookings.
With 10 minutes left in the match, Daggers took the lead although there was a great deal of fortune about the opener.
Cureton’s cross-shot from the right side of the box was fumbled into the net by home goalkeeper Ben Wilson to hand Daggers the advantage.
Daggers: Cousins; Passley, Nosworthy (Obileye 40), Dikamona, Connors; Mulraney (Boucaud 64), Labadie, Dunne, Hemmings; Vassell, McClure (Cureton 5)
Subs: O’Brien, Boucaud, Chambers, Jones, Hoyte
Attendance: 3,557 (including 171 Daggers fans)                             
Referee: Simon Hooper

    Latest Match Reports