Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 at 15:40 PM

Daggers 4 AFC Wimbledon 0

The Daggers got a quick goal in the second minute of the first half when Jamie Cureton headed it in after a great bit of play from Billy Bingham and Andre Boucaud.

Three minutes later and the Daggers carried on pressing high, this time Ashley Hemming’s went on a great run through on goal but the referee waved away the winger's appeal for a penalty.

It was then the Daggers' back-line that were being pressed by the Wombles and in the 14th minute they came close to scoring a goal, but Sean Rigg's shot was blocked by Ayo Obileye.

Ten minutes later and Wimbledon came close again as Craig Tanner headed it wide after a great move from Akinfenwa and Potter down the wing. Deji Oshilaja was next to have a shot as he decided to test the keeper from range with a dipping shot that went over the cross bar.

It was Tanner again who got another headed attempt at goal and this time it hit the woodwork, but the assistant ruled him offside.

At the start of the second half the first substitution the game took place as Christian Doidge was replaced by Alex Jakubiak.

Two minutes before the hour mark and Hemmings had a shot after running down the line, but in the end his shot was blocked out for a corner.

It was just one minute later that the Daggers scored their second after Boucaud’s delivery into the the box found Scott Doe who headed it home.

Cureton got his second goal in the 71st minute by beating the offside trap, after a great ball from Howell and went on to lob Wimbledon’s Goalkeeper Ross Worner in true Cureton fashion.

It only took three more minutes for Cureton to complete his hat-trick, pulling off a great finish to the top right hand corner, giving the Daggers the 4-0 lead.

In the last 10 minutes Dagenham defended well, after a few shots were fired towards goal. Cousins managed to pull a great save which the fell to the feet of a George Francomb whose shot is then blocked by Oblileye.

Wimbledon came close again to scoring their first goal, as Tom Beere’s decided to shoot from outside the box, the shot ended up going just wide of the post. Following on Carr looked to make it five for the Daggers, but Worner caught it.

The last attack of the match saw Daniel Carr pass the ball a bit too late out to Jones who was not able to control the ball in the area as the ball was cleared for a throwing.

Dagenham & Redbridge: Cousins, Ogogo, Doe, Obileye, Widdowson, Howell, Bingham, Boucaud, Hemmings (Carr 85), Cureton (Jones 85), Doidge (Jakubiak 46).
Unused substitutes: Moore, Chambers, Labadie, Gayle.

AFC Wimbledon: Worner, Fuller, Bulman, Francomb (Beere 87), Akinfenwa (Azzez 80), Rigg (Sweeney 80), Reeves, Tanner, Goodman, Potter, Oshilaja.
Unused substitutes: McDonnell, Moore, Harrison, Gallagher.

Attendance: 2,346 (819 AFC Wimbledon supporters).


    Latest Match Reports